- Diesel electronic engine control system performance tests: Check for stored fault codes. Monitor data stream parameters. Check fuel supply and delivery systems. Check glow plug/intake heater system as equipped. Perform pinpoint tests for listed fault codes. Codes: none. Performed power balance, all with in spec. Demand test & turbo actuator test, passed. EGR running test, failed. Unable to recreate black smoke. Recommend replacing EGR valve and further diagnostics if needed. Coolant smell is due to EGR cooler hose to oil cooler has slight leak, watch item.
- Change engine oil and filter. Lube chassis. Visually inspect steering, suspension, exhaust, brakes and cooling system. Check all fluid levels and add as necessary. Inspect condition of drive belts and hoses. Check all exterior lighting. Reset maintenance reminder if applicable.
- Drain water from water separator, remove secondary fuel filter and install new filter. Remove primary fuel filter, clean bowl and install new fuel filter. Purge air from fuel system and start vehicle. Inspect for proper operation
- Drain transfer case and inspect for debris, refill with new fluid. Check linkage adjustment and for proper transfer case operation.
- EGR VALVE – Remove & Replace – F250 Super Duty,F350 Super Duty,Diesel
Keith P. gave our service a 5 star review on 6/18/2021